- Group Companies
- Group Services
- General Haulage
Contract type: Permanent
As a Warehouse Manager your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Operational lead for the roll-out of new WMS systems
- Leadership and responsibility for the development and execution of operational excellence on shift
- Manage team attendance, performance, and accuracy levels, motivate team members to achieve
- Manage staffing levels effectively ensuring a minimum amount of man hours are used to process warehouse tasks whilst still maintaining department and customer agreed service levels;
- Control and prioritise the workload through the department on a day-to-day basis ensuring all deadlines and targets are met
- Overall management and responsibility for achieving operational KPIs
- Shift responsibility for quality, health and safety and best practice
- Develop and maintain a positive culture of employee engagement and continuous improvement
- To direct operations within the Warehouse.
- Day to day support and development of warehouse team
- Responsible for ensuring stock accuracy is maintained
- Maximise efficiencies throughout the warehouse, prioritising and assigning workloads
- Being the first point of contact for any employee issues
- Communicate professionally with the relevant departments ensuring they have accurate and timely information.
- Regularly review warehouse procedures and be pro-active in working towards improving working practices.
- Operate high standards of general housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times and comply with any specific customer requirements.
- Ensure that all documentation relating to the movement and storage of goods is processed and recorded in an efficient and timely manner.
- Lead on the full utilization of the JDA WMS systems by working closely with operations, customers and the IT department
Required experience and skills for the Warehouse Managers Role:
- A proven track record of achievement at a senior management level in a Medium-scale warehousing environment
- Substantial experience of partnership working, commanding confidence and building positive working relationship in support of key objectives
- Developing and implementing operational and service improvements
- Leadership and management skills
- People, performance management
- Communication and influencing skills to inform, consult and negotiate with a wide range of audiences in a straightforward, articulate and persuasive manner and the interpersonal ability to engender confidence and respect
- Strong role model who demonstrates a personal commitment to high standards or integrity and professionalism
- Work collaboratively to create a strong team spirit
- Must have experience of JDA system
- GCSE’s at grade A-C in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- FLT License advantageous
Working hours:45 hours per week..
Annual leave entitlement: 20 days per year plus 8 bank holidays
In return we offer:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance.
- Employee and customer referral schemes.
AKW are also part of Kinaxia Logistics please visit the website for more information.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 45 hours per week
Get in touch and one of our experts will be glad to assist you as soon as we can.