Lambert Brothers Haulage is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our team based in Eastleigh.
Your role as Assistant Accountant will be to support the preparation, development and analysis of key financial information, to ensure management make well informed decisions to ensure future stability and growth for the organisation.
In return we’ll give you a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum plus company benefits. Lambert Brothers Haulage Ltd is also part of the Kinaxia Logistics group of businesses, which currently consists of several haulage firms. Being part of a wider group means that we can offer positions internally across the group, should you ever need to relocate.
Your main responsibilities as an Assistant Accountant will include:
- Assist in producing the monthly internal management pack, within set timescales.
- Investigate and analyse variances to assist with forecasting and supporting cost centre managers with their budgetary control.
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of group reports.
- Management of cash flow and reconciling bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Reconciliation of the Fixed Asset register and depreciation and the management of working capital.
- Calculating and posting accruals and prepayments.
- To assist the Financial Controller in operating and improving internal controls within the finance function.
- Provide cover for purchase and sales ledger if required / Co-ordinate and collate monthly KPI’s to sup-port monthly submission of accounts.
- Completion of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and capturing and reporting on monthly spend on agency drivers.
- Quarterly preparation and submission of VAT return and monthly completion as well as submission of National Statistic Forms.
- Maintain end of month timetable, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in the support of GIT claims and reconciliation of damaged and insurance claims.
- Taking cheques and collecting petty cash from the bank as required.
- Ad-hoc tasks at the request of the Financial Controller.
Experience and knowledge you’ll bring to the Assistant Accountant role:
- Competent with Microsoft, Excel and Word.
- Ideally you’ll Partly qualified or fully qualified.
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Ability to priorities and organise workload.
- Team Leader to the other members of the team;
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
We’re interviewing now, so if you are interested in the position of Assistant Accountant so please apply here.
If you’d like to discuss the role further, please contact the recruitment team directly on 01625728027 or email@example.com