Salary: £25,000 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Macclesfield (SK10)
William Kirk are looking to recruit a Transport Planner to plan/route the northwest distribution fleet safely within the boundaries of all current transport legislation, whilst maintaining profitability and ensuring targets are met.
- Monday – Friday working 10 hours a day including 30 minute lunch break
This is a dynamic role in a very busy environment and requires someone who is versatile and keen to take responsibility for ensuring they deliver excellent service to all our customers within a framework of supporting the operation to ensure the plan is achieved.
William Kirk is a successful Warehousing and Haulage company that is part of the wider Kinaxia group offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and fast paced working environment.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
- Receive and participate in the handover with the other Palletline planning team regarding that day’s requirements and get an immediate understanding of planned routes, vehicle allocations and driver availability.
- React to vehicle defects and driver absence and cover with agency staff if necessary, in line with company procedures.
- Continue with the preparation of customer paperwork including known collection paperwork. Maintain effective systems to ensure drivers receive the correct manifests and delivery paperwork including PDA’s.
- Commence escalation plan in event of any overnight trunk failures and ensure Customer Services are notified and supported in any customer notification process.
- Liaise with Canopy Manager regarding pallet discrepancies, left offs and any other changes to planned routes and amend the plan accordingly to encompass these while ensuring all customers are promptly updated.
- Progress check allocated jobs throughout the day, especially timed and am slots and check and respond to Contrado messages.
- Answer and deal with other depot ‘phone calls relating to their deliveries.
- Support company HR processes.
Key skills of a Transport Planner:
- Strong administration skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate including all Microsoft programmes
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Ethos on continuous improvement
- Experience within the Transport sector