Contract type: Permanent
Location: Rugby (CV23)
Roles & Responsibilities of the Traffic Operator:
- The role of the Traffic Operator is to ensure that collection and delivery schedules are planned and executed in the most cost efficient and effective means, in line with business objectives, customer service levels and current legislative requirements. The role responsibilities include:
- Using vehicles and the Traffic Management system to ensure accurate and appropriate allocation of drivers, loads, vehicles and trailers and communicate plans to customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring sufficient staffing levels are in place at all times, including the use of agency staff where necessary.
- Managing driver hours by authorising driver timesheets on a weekly basis and auditing and updating hours against the relevant systems to guarantee they are compliant to all regulations.
- Communicating to colleagues and customers regarding all traffic department related issues to ensure a smooth and efficient service is being delivered. A key part of the role is to ensure that drivers are briefed clearly to help ensure customer KPIs and targets are achieved and maintained as well as dealing with any calls relating to deliveries and collections.
Required Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a traffic office is essential as well as having excellent knowledge of transport legislation together with a sound understanding of driver regulations and geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Experience running pallet networks would be a distinct advantage (Palletforce depot).
- The ability to analyse and solve problems on a regular basis in a fast-paced environment where situations change during the day depending on issues that arise.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in briefing drivers and speaking with customers and colleagues.
- Good computer literacy including traffic management systems and Microsoft packages especially excel.
- Good attention to detail, being well organised taking ownership of tasks and used to working within a team environment
Competitive – to be discussed at interview stage in line with skills and experience
In return we offer:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes.