Contract type: Permanent
Location: Rugby (CV23)
Panic Transport are recruiting a Commercial Vehicle Fitter to assist the Workshop Manager / Foreman / Supervisor in ensuring that all vehicles, equipment and assets are serviced and maintained in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner.
Monday - Friday
45 Hours per week
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete all defect repairs, fault diagnosis and maintenance requirements, as is necessary, to ensure all vehicles, trailers & equipment are kept in a safe working condition;
- Assist your colleagues when necessary to maintain an efficient service;
- Complete all paper work clearly, accurately & in a timely fashion. This will include Job Cards (work description, parts & times), various types of inspection forms (vehicles, trailers and equipment) and any other paper work that is deemed necessary by management;
- Prepare, present and accompany vehicles and trailers for annual MOT inspection to ensure they pass;
- Carry out periodic safety inspections on all vehicles & trailers to ensure they meet DVSA inspection standards;
- Always adhere to all workplace health and safety standards (including the wearing of appropriate PPE) and ensure compliance with any regulatory body regulations and standards, including the maintenance of equipment, tools and the workplace;
- Ensure all areas of the workshop and equipment are maintained in a safe operating condition and any defects are reported through the appropriate process to provide a clean and safe working environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the transport industry is desirable
- Continued up to date knowledge of vehicle maintenance rules and regulations
- Continued up to date knowledge of latest techniques, technology and vehicle models
- Experience of maintaining HGV vehicles
- A mechanical qualification is essential.
We offer all of our employees fantastic company benefits.
We are an equal opportunities employer whom encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Panic Transport are also part of Kinaxia Logistics. Please visit www.kinaxia.co.uk for more information.