Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Warrington (WA4)
Are you looking for a new, challenging Health and Safety role within a fast growing business?
Kinaxia Logistics are recruiting a Health and Safety Manager for their Mark Thompson Transport site at Warrington. The successful individual will be required to design, implement, train, and maintain full compliance in all aspects of Health & Safety within all MTT Sites, to include individuals, static & mobile equipment, and buildings in accordance with all internal and external regulations and standards.
In return, we offer full support, encouragement, development and ongoing training. This role would suit an individual currently working at advisor level who is looking to advance their career further.
- Monday – Friday
- 32 - 35k per annum dependent on experience
- Additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- Ensure that all applicable legislative, contractual, and other requirements, to which the business subscribes, are met, or exceeded to ensure that all MTT Sites are compliant;
- Lead and develop a positive HSEQ culture by working closely with each depot to ensure that MTT’s performance is developing as a Kinaxia Group & industry leader;
- Implement and review all group safe systems of work, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, safety policy and quality procedures across all MTT facilities and identify any training needs to meet all legislative and contractual requirements.
- Ownership of and ensuring the highest of standards are maintained within the MTT Sites for the purpose of OHSAS 18001:2007; ISO14001: 2004. ISO45001:2018. Remaining compliant with ISO9001: 2008, ISO 27001:2005, BRC Storage and Distribution Standard and BRC Food Standard.
- Lead on personal accident investigation and reporting within MTT Sites including the improvement of the near miss system, training & implementation of corrective and preventative actions for H&S and management of all safety meetings within MTT to reduce risk within each depot.
- Carry out planned and random audits across all MTT sites as and when required to ensure full compliance is being maintained.
Your knowledge and experience:
- AET qualification or relevant HSE certificate
- An in-depth knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
- NEBOSH, COMAH, COSHH, BRC
- Fire certificate holder (or willing to work towards)
- IOSH member
- Technical IOSH or associate IOSH working towards technical
- Strong knowledge of all relevant ISO standards within warehousing & manufacturing
- The ability to apply the application of Health & Safety legislation into commercial practice
- Writing Risk Assessments and creating internal audits & policing their completion
- Administration skills to record and maintain accurate records and statistical data
- Ability to influence, train and motivate employees
- Excellent communication skills with all employees to create long-term relationships
- Ability to Lead External Audits from regulatory bodies, Customers, Group Governance
- Experienced in Education & Training within Logistics
- Extensive operational experience of logistics services including Warehousing & Co-Packing
- H&S Management
- Designing, Completing, and Implementing policies and procedures
- Coaching & Training within Logistics Environment