Salary: £9.78 per hour
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Andover (SP10)
About The Opportunity
Lambert Brothers are recruiting Van Drivers to join their team at their site in Andover. The successful candidate will deliver and collect products and goods safely and efficiently to designated locations within a set time frame to ensure customer expectations are met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily vehicle checks and defect report sheets as applicable to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use;
- Carry out the highest level of care whilst securing, loading and unloading vehicles to maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others.
- Maintain accurate records relating to consignments, complete Proof of Deliveries(POD’s) correctly and record any shortage/damage accurately to ensure the transport management system is up to date.
- Comply with all company and customer procedures and immediately report to the Traffic Office any delays or issues to maintain a world class local service.
- Comply with all regulations stipulated within the Highway Code, FORS, EU tachograph requirements, Working Time Regulations and the Road Transport Regulations to ensure both yourself and the Company are compliant.
- Immediately inform your local Traffic Office if you are involved in an accident or incident so the relevant procedures can be followed.
- Operate high standards of general housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times.
- Work in a safe manner and comply with all Health and Safety Regulations and customer Health and Safety requirements to ensure yourself, the customer and the Company remain safe.
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Driving licence (Full EU licence)
- Experience as a multi drop driver
- Working knowledge of the Highway Code, EU tachograph requirements, Working Time Regulations, Road Transport Regulations
- Knowledge of transport methods, costs and benefits, routes and geography
- Safety knowledge of goods loading and unloading processes
Shift Pattern / Rate of Pay
- Mon – Fri
- 48 hours per week
- £9.78 ph
Benefits For You
As part of our team, we offer you:
- Positive working environment/culture
- Exceptional fleet
- Opportunity for training and development (CPC training)
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)