Contract type: Permanent
Location: Eastleigh (SO50)
Mon - Fri
The role will be to ensure you arrive at your job on time, using the most efficient route with the correct information against your paperwork. Ensuring your vehicle is roadworthy with your daily check and performing your driver responsibilities in line with legislation and company policy / procedures.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Ensure you do your daily vehicle checks to make sure your vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use
- To ensure you arrive at your job on time
- Ensure you inform the transport office of any problems in good time i.e. if you’re running late
- Ensure all paperwork is correct, completed and returned to the transport office
- Follow all Group & Company procedures, customer procedures, UK road legislation and the highway code
- Fit to drive; considering alcohol intake, daily rest, prescribed/over the counter medication that could affect your ability to drive.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the customers, warehouse staff, transport staff and other depots, understand requirements and communicate accurate information on time as required.
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping
- Maintain health and safety standards
Key skills include:
- A mature approach to Health and Safety.
- An enthusiastic and strong team player, encouraging a team working environment with the commitment to drive and support others as required.
- The ability to ensure job records are recorded, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have valid HGV CAT C+E licence for the night role and a minimum HGV CAT C for the rigid roles.