Contract type: Permanent
Location: Andover (SP10)
About the Opportunity
Lambert Brothers are recruiting HGV Class 2 Drivers to join their team at their site in Andover.
We are happy to accept newly passed drivers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure you do your daily vehicle checks to make sure your vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use
- To ensure you arrive at your job on time
- Ensure you inform the transport office of any problems in good time i.e. if you’re running late
- Ensure all paperwork is correct, completed and returned to the transport office
- Follow all Group & Company procedures, customer procedures, UK road legislation and the highway code
- Fit to drive; considering alcohol intake, daily rest, prescribed/over the counter medication that could affect your ability to drive.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the customers, warehouse staff, transport staff and other depots, understand requirements and communicate accurate information on time as required.
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping
- Maintain health and safety standards
Your knowledge and experience:
- To hold a full LGV C (Class 2) licence
- To have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/Driver CPC
- To own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Good communication skills
Benefits for You
As part of our team, we offer you:
- Positive working environment/culture
- Exceptional fleet
- Opportunity for training and development (CPC training)
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)