Contract type: Permanent
Location: Andover (SP10)
About the Opportunity
Lambert Brothers are recruiting HGV Class 1 Drivers to join their team at their site in Andover.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate records relating to consignments, complete P O D’s correctly and record any shortage/damage accurately to ensure the transport management system is up to date.
- Complete daily vehicle checks and defect report sheets as applicable to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use.
- Comply with all company and customer procedures and immediately report to the Traffic Office any delays or issues to maintain a world class local service.
- Comply with all regulations stipulated within the Highway Code, FORS, EU tachograph requirements, Working Time Regulations and the Road Transport Regulations to ensure both yourself and the Company are compliant.
- Immediately inform your local Traffic Office if you are involved in an accident or incident so the relevant procedures can be followed.
- Carry out the highest level of care whilst securing, loading and unloading vehicles to maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others.
- Operate high standards of general housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times.
- Work in a safe manner and comply with all Health and Safety Regulations and customer Health and Safety requirements to ensure yourself, the customer and the Company remain safe.
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- To hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence
- To have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/Driver CPC
- To own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Good communication skills
Benefits For You
As part of our team, we offer you:
- Positive working environment/culture
- Exceptional fleet
- Opportunity for training and development (CPC training)
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)