Contract type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Managing Director - to join a fast-paced, Logistics company. This role will be based in Rugby. This is a fantastic career opportunity for a senior leader with a proven track record of delivery and the ability to lead and meet business commercial and financial aims. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader, able to steer the company to the most profitable direction within the broad strategy set by Kinaxia Logistics.
You will be required to control and oversee all business operations and have overall responsibility for an annual £15.8m turnover with up to 160 employees with up to 5 direct reports reporting into the CEO of Kinaxia Logistics.
- Develop and execute company business strategy to meet goals agreed with the board and the Kinaxia Group.
- Be responsible for the Company’s corporate governance, holding board meetings and reporting to the board and shareholders to ensure statutory requirements are met.
- Prepare and implement business plans and annual budgets to be agreed with the board together with producing accurate monthly accounts and year end statutory figures, planning cost-effective operations and business development activities to achieve financial targets.
- Communicate and implement Company and Kinaxia Group policies and regulatory guidelines throughout the company as cascaded by Kinaxia HQ and make certain they are being adhered to at all times to safeguard the Company’s compliance and ensure a consistent approach is being delivered across the Group.
- Lead, develop and motivate staff to create a workforce with the relevant skill set, where potential is being developed, effective succession plans are in place and employees are contributing to the overall performance of the business.
- Develop and manage investments and assets to support the growth of the business.
- Act as company public figurehead for all commercial and operational activities to promote the professional image of both the Company and the Kinaxia Group
- Implement a commercial rate review programme across the portfolio of customers to increase profitability.
- Implement robust operational processes to drive commercial compliance and effectiveness.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Extensive operational experience of logistics services
- Leadership and management of multi-functional teams
- Experience of analysing and solving business problems
- Development of business strategy
- Enhancing and developing customer satisfaction and business growth
- Preparation, implementation and management of annual budgets
- Working knowledge of company and employment legislation.
- Working knowledge of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Transport and warehousing industry
- An in-depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments.
- A broad understanding of financial management principles.
- Business, commercial or finance qualification is desirable.
25 days Holiday Plus 8 Bank holidays