- To contribute to the development of information management strategy and policies for the Group by planning and implementing processes.
- Manage the hardware and software assets so that effective budgets can be established;
- Manage outsourced infrastructure partners
- Produce and maintain an Infrastructure and Application Architecture documentation pack
- Develop processes and procedures for end user interaction, whilst ensuring SLA’s are being adhered to.
- Develop, implement and continually enhance Security, Disaster Recovery and IT Policies
- Implement standards across the Group and act as security lead to monitor, investigate and report on security breaches to remain compliant and reduce risk.
- Develop a monthly board reporting pack regarding systems performance, Group-wide asset estate, security and adoption.
- Make recommendations for technology investments to ensure the board are fully aware of IT activities across the Group.
- Project manage the delivery of infrastructure change projects, new technology deployment, or the incorporation of acquired companies into the Group infrastructure.
- Complete impact assessments and report to the Group IT Change Board using Group PMO Standards so that projects are delivered to time and budget.
- Contribute to improving the adoption of IT throughout the Group by communication, site visit and promotion of tools.
- Communication of operational impacts of infrastructural changes to business colleagues to support the technology implemented and to ensure minimum business disruption.
- Develop IT services catalogue for the management and delivery of end user devices including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, RF scanners and CCTV applications.
- Provide best practice use of Microsoft Office 365 and desktop services to end users to ensure increased standardization;
- As appropriate, provide escalated on-site support of hardware, software and network connectivity issues to ensure business continuity.
- Experience Minimum 5 Years in IT Management
- Multi-site IT environment preferably in Transport and/or Warehousing sector
- Practical Experience of desktop support
- Knowledge of Cloud hosting solutions Implementation and adoptions of
- MS Office
- 365 Server Virtualisation
- MS Windows Server
- Understanding of Firewall security principles
- WAN, LAN networking
- RF scanning and WIFI
- Ideally formal project management qualification PMI, Prince
Company car or Car Allowance included
28 days holiday including Bank holiday.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
We are an equal opportunities employer whom encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.