We are looking for a forward-thinking General Manager for one of our Southern based companies. This is an exciting role and requires someone who possesses drive and determination and has the ability to progress and grow within our business. Able to support the revision and implementation of operating strategies to deliver commercial success whilst ensuring that improvement initiatives are communicated and integrated into depots and across group operations. The ideal person will be fully competent in IT Systems (TMS and WMS) and able to lead and manage several business areas by example.
KPI measurements, compliance and health and safety will be an integral part of your role as well as superlative customer care.
You will create a culture of success within the operating teams, engaging, challenging, and coaching to exceed business expectations, overseeing driver recruitment and retention whilst delivering our company values and people policies.
- International CPC (manager) holder and excellent knowledge of current transport legislation
- Extensive management experience of general haulage and pallet network traffic operations
- Previous experience of warehouse management processes
- Experience of overseeing health & safety policies, SSOW and Risk Assessments
- IOSH NEBOSH qualification desirable
- P & L experience
- A strong working knowledge of PC applications and other IT functions
- Strong problem-solving experience, commercial awareness, and negotiation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to participate in customer meetings
- Previous experience of managing and developing people and able to work in a team-based culture. Strong employee engagement skills
- Advocate and participate in self-development and continued personal development
- A confident presentation style in all business areas including oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, drivers and customers
**The above advert is not an exhaustive list of duties a full Job description is available upon request.**
- First class group benefits
- Fantastic salary dependent on experience
- Length of Service awards
- 24 hr helpline, including legal and financial advice
- Benefits platform, including a cycle to work scheme
For more information please call Simone on 01625 728027.