Contract type: Permanent
Location: Norwich (NR16)
Foulger Transport are recruiting an Accounts Assistant to join their team at their site in Norwich. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing proactive, financial information to all employees, where required whilst driving best practice to comply with all company procedures, documented polices and financial legislation.
- Monday – Friday
- 39 hours per week
- Additional benefits:
- Life assurance
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- Process all paperwork ensuring all payments and receipts comply with the correct procedures and are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Answer queries from customers/suppliers/employees providing accurate information to ensure excellent customer service is maintained.
- Input information into the relevant systems, for which you have responsibility, check, and reconcile data where appropriate and identify and resolve any discrepancies to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of financial activities within the department.
- Continually audit the accuracy of information held by the finance department to ensure standards are being adhered to.
- Monitor all information to ensure it is up to date and held in a secure location in order to comply with GDPR legislation.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Applicable accounting qualification such as CIMA or AAT is desirable but not essential
- Experience of the relevant finance function and working in an office environment
- SAGE 200 and Cascade Payroll system experience is desirable depending upon functional responsibilities
- Microsoft office
- Working knowledge of basic accountancy principles
- Knowledge of payroll systems is preferable