Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Washington (NE38)
Fresh Freight Group are recruiting a General Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of a multi client site including financial, operational and people management. Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure profitable development and growth of the business, within the broad strategy set by the FFG board.
- Additional benefits:
- Life assurance
- Exceptional fleet
- Opportunity for training and development (CPC training)
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- Prepare and submit annual budgets for approval to create a framework against which company performance can be measures and submit accurate monthly reports to the FFG senior management
- Lead, develop, appraise and motivate staff to create a workforce with the relevant skill set, where potential is identified and developed, effective succession plans are in place and employees are contributing to the overall performance of the business.
- Communicate and implement Group and local policies and procedures to ensure all Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality regulations and guidelines are complied with.
- Consistently analyse current processes and procedures, implementing continuous improvement, to drive compliance and efficiency.
- Monitor all aspects of stock integrity, order fulfillment, facilities management and administration, ensuring the team manage and undertake all related activities, in a cost effective and efficient manner, to meet the standards required by FFG and the individually-negotiated contracts.
- Take ownership of the culture, morale, communication, behaviour and health and safety of all individuals on site to ensure a harmonious, positive and safe working environment for all.
- Conduct regular reviews and appraisals with direct reports to offer guidance and support and identify areas where improvements can be made.
- Lead the JDA Warehouse Management System implementation project, liaising with colleagues and the IT department, to ensure full utilization.
- Overall responsibility for all stages of the employee lifecycle, actively participating in formal stages where necessary, up to and including dismissals and appeal hearings, to ensure all employee relation matters are dealt with effectively.
- Monitor operational activity, to ensure the company retains all of it’s accreditations, identifying further accreditation opportunities wherever possible.
- Lead the implementation program for BRC and ensure standards are met across all departments
- Participate in Health & Safety and Compliance audits as directed by Kinaxia group, ensuring highest standards are met and any non compliances are dealt with in an effective manner
- Actively participate in the senior management team at FFG contributing to the success and development of the business
- Coordinate the warehouse operation with FFG transport and Kinaxia transport to maximise the volumes and profitability of in-house and group operations.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Working knowledge of company and employment legislation.
- Working knowledge of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheets
- An in-depth knowledge of Transport and Warehousing industry
- An in-depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments.
- A broad understanding of Financial Management principles
- Business, commercial or finance qualification is desirable.
- Relevant MHE licences
- Extensive operational experience of Logistics services
- Leadership and management of multi-functional teams
- Experience of analysing and solving business problems
- Implementation of business strategy
- Enhancing and developing customer satisfaction and business growth
- Preparation, implementation and management of annual budgets