Contract type: Permanent
Location: Telford (TF2)
Maidens of Telford are looking for an enthusiastic hard working Transport Operations Assistant to join their team. You will be responsible for progressing supplier collections and final depot deliveries in the context of support of the daily transport plan and the performance criteria against customer agreed key performance indicators.
- Carry out the data entry of information onto the relevant system, identifying and resolving any discrepancies and prepare all documentation relating to the movement/transportation of goods in an accurate and efficient manner to deliver high customer service levels;
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to all relevant external and internal clients to maintain the key flow of information;
- Answer and direct queries promptly and in a professional manner providing accurate information to ensure excellent customer service is being delivered;
- Complete general administrative duties in an efficient and effective manner to deliver a world class service;
- Maintain relevant system by accurately inputting the required data, in addition to checking and reconciling data where appropriate and identifying and resolving any discrepancies to ensure 100% accuracy
- Update, produce and communicate all business KPI’s to monitor service delivery levels;
- Work as part of a team and participate in cross training initiatives to provide effective cover in a colleague’s absence;
- Operate a high standard of general housekeeping and work in a safe manner complying with all health and safety regulations in order to maintain a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
Required Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Attention to detail
- General administration tasks, preferably in the haulage industry
- Supporting a department with general administration tasks
- Working with transport systems, is desirable
- Microsoft packages
- GCSE’s at grade A-C in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- We offer all of our employees fantastic company benefits.
We are an equal opportunities employer whom encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.