Kinaxia Logistics are looking for an experienced Transport & Logistics Compliance Manager to manage the development, implementation and growth of group compliance and H&S activities across the Southern Region. It will be your role to work in conjunction with the Kinaixa Group Compliance National team to manage and assist the Southern operating companies in accordance with the business plan agreed by Kinaxia Logistics. You will be responsible for supporting assigned Companies and associated Senior Management teams for up to 1000 employees, with no direct reports, reporting directly to the Regional Compliance Manager South.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Group Compliance Team to ensure a standardised platform of compliance and HSE activities are delivered across the Group;
- Manage the audit calendar for the Southern Region, to ensure internal audits are completed and all operations remain fully compliant in readiness for annual external audits;
- Issue weekly update reports to the Southern Regional Manager and Director Compliance, Training & Recruitment to enable the business plan to be continually updated and identify any immediate risks and escalate through the correct process;
- Work closely with each operating company’s Managing Director and on-site teams to ensure full compliance in all business areas including, fleet, warehousing, workshop and employees.
- Manage the implementation and delivery of BRC, FORS and other external compliance standards.
- Conduct and write risk assessments to cover all operational functions to ensure the business remains complaint and additional training needs or resources are identified;
- Design and deliver training sessions as and when required to meet all legal compliance requirements across fleet, people and facilities.
- Travel to each location weekly to build and maintain working relationships, in addition to any ad hoc visits dependent on business requirements.
Key Skills, Experience & Knowledge required:
- International CPC essential
- Health & Safety qualification essential; IOSH, NEBOSH
- Project management and organisational skills
- Ability to create a strong team spirit across all Southern Companies, building excellent working relationships with senior management.
- Continued up to date knowledge of Transport legislation and compliance requirements
- Experience with telematics systems and analysing associated data.
- Internal and external audit experience
- FORS experience essential
- Extensive operational experience of logistics services within a compliance / HSE role
- Maintaining and conducting internal audits and preparing Company’s for external audits
- Designing and delivering appropriate training sessions
- Driver CPC management and training
Salary: Very competitive salary, car and large company benefits offered to the successful candidate
Location: This can be based from our Bristol, Norwich, Colchester or Southampton depot but travel will be frequently required.
*This list is not exhaustive, please ask for the Job Description if you would like a comprehensive account of your roles and responsibilities, key skills and competencies.
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes