Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester (M32)
AKW Global Logistics are recruiting two Warehouse Supervisors to join their team at Trafford Park in Manchester. It will be your role as Warehouse Supervisor to support the Warehouse Manager in all aspects of warehouse management including the warehouse facility, customer satisfaction, cost control/profit, health and safety and compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Warehouse Supervisor:
- Ensure a minimum amount of man hours are used to process warehouse tasks whilst still maintaining department and customer agreed service levels;
- Control and priorities the workload through the department on a day to day basis ensuring all deadlines and targets are met to specific standards;
- Manage staffing levels effectively to ensure enough resource is available to maintain the day to day operations;
- Ensure that the warehouse staff operate in accordance with the agreed warehouse procedures, have the relevant training and certificates to ensure the operation is Health and Safety compliant;
- Organise and control the daily activities of the staff to ensure the team strive for maximum efficiency and productivity, maintaining the relevant paperwork and any discrepancies identified to be investigated and resolved.
- Manage staff professionally and effectively at all times, creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Communicate professionally with the relevant departments ensuring they have accurate and timely information.
- Regularly review warehouse procedures and be pro-active in working towards improving working practices.
- Operate high standards of general housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times and comply with any specific customer requirements.
- Ensure that all documentation relating to the movement and storage of goods is processed and recorded in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist other departments as and when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Decision making
- People management
- Coaching & mentoring
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of warehouse Health & Safety procedures
- Knowledge and experience of stock management software
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- GCSE’s at grade A-C in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- FLT License
AKW Global Logistics are part of Kinaxia Logistics. Please visit the website for more information.