Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester (M32)
We are currently looking to recruit a Transport Operator to join our team at AKW.
AKW is a successful well-established Warehousing and Logistics company that is part of the Kinaxia Logistics group offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and a fast-paced working environment.
This position reports into the Palletline Manager and you will be managing the day to day operation of the rigid fleet whilst maintaining profitability and ensuring targets are met.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Operator:
- Ensure all jobs have correct delivery and collection method allocated
- Monitor drivers on delivery and collection times
- Communicate any issues that may arise that could comprise service to all stakeholders
- Ensure all drivers have working PDA, s and are conducting vehicle inspections
- making sure all deliveries are signed off and collections are confirmed
- Responsibility of phone sign out and training of PDA use to all agency drivers
- Monitor network trunk departures and respond to Palletline with departure proofs avoiding late arrival fines.
- Monitor all palletline coms
- Oversee and monitor Palletline coms message board and confirm issues via telephone conversations
- Complete mentor duties monitor telematics and use that information to build a knowledge of driver’s performance so this can be improved.
- Debrief drivers upon their return checking all delivery documentation and issuing pallet labels when needed
- Ensuring capture of signatures on PDA, s.
- Follow accident procedure in the event of any reported incidents, carrying out driver interviews and completion of accident report forms
- Communicate driver start times to them.
- Complete rigid handover document advising of any failed collections and deliveries.
- Experience working within a busy Traffic Office
- Computer Literate
- Excellent man management skills
- Familiar with TMS systems such as Contrado and Stirling
- Experience of a Pallet Network
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of current transport legislaton
- Excellent planning and routing ability