Salary: £12.70 per hour
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester (M17 1ED)
AKW are recruiting a Shift Supervisor to join their team at their site in Manchester. The successful candidate will direct operations within the warehouse environment and achieve set targets and meet customer expectations.
- 4 on 4 off
- 06:00 – 18:00
- £12.70 ph
- Additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- Lead, monitor and supervise all warehouse staff reporting to the position, ensuring that all required training is completed and maintained
- Observing and enforcing Health & Safety Safe Systems of Work and safe practices
- Ensuring the cleanliness and good housekeeping of the warehouse
- Ensure all safety and quality checks are carried out correctly, in a timely manner and any follow up actions are carried out until completion
- Monitor the MHE fleet ensuring that all equipment is correctly maintained, serviced and fully utilised
- Fully understand customer requirements as per their SLA and ensure all requirements are communicated to staff reporting to the position
- Maximise efficiencies throughout the warehouse, prioritising and assigning workloads and problem solving as issues arise
- Implement and maintain all WMS processes including inventory receipts, put away, storage, replenishment, picking, packing and shipping
- Maintain effective communication with the Operations office ensuring a smooth flow of activity; pro-actively monitoring the diary bookings to prevent delays
- Ensure all added value services are captured
- Ensuring all / any stock, equipment or premises damage is correctly controlled and reported
- The escalation of any problems the warehouse staff may have to the Shift Manager.
- To co-operate fully with all operational shifts and departments to achieve all operational objectives
- To ensure all appraisals are completed annually in accordance with business policies
- Carry out other duties within the scope of the position as may be required by your manager in the interest of the company
- To ensure all team briefs are conducted on time every time with full minutes noted, recorded and documented
- Must take necessary steps and follow instructions provided to avoid damage to issued equipment required for completing the job
Your knowledge and experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in a warehouse role with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate with experience in Warehouse Management Systems (preferably JDA).
- Demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Role model for safe work behaviours
- Coach and mentor others to succeed
- Lead by example
- Able to handle long and short term multiple tasks, whilst working in a high stress, fast paced environment