Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester (M17)
AKW are recruiting a Production Supervisor to join their team at their site in Manchester. The successful candidate will implement the production plan within target to maximise operational efficiency, safety and quality, and support the Contract Packing Manager in the day-to-day running of the production floor.
- Additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- To efficiently control productions & processes for the division whilst retaining a responsive & flexible approach to all customers.
- Supervise all personnel reporting to the position so as to effectively train, evaluate, motivate,discipline, delegate and monitor their activities & progress; Tackling poor performance positively and effectively.
- Ensure that the customers specific quality standards are met within the production targets set by the CPD
- Set and maintain standards at all times leading by example ensuring efficient and effective processes are recorded, accessible and adhered to across the operation.
- Continually maintain & strive to improve all Customer & Company QA procedures.
- To ensure that all divisional staff work according to current H&S regulations together with completion of personal responsibilities.
- To ensure high standards of cleanliness, housekeeping & stock control of CPD and customer owned stock and consumables within all CPD environments.
- Ensure the accurate & timely completion of all relevant documents and reports.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Capable of establishing a production process that is systematic and resourceful.
- Excellent working knowledge of all operational functions & processes.
- Basic engineering capabilities relating to packing machinery operation
- Good understanding of time & motion processes together with lean manufacturing principles
- Keeping abreast of all relevant statutory legislation.
- In-depth customer specific procedural knowledge.
- IT literacy in all necessary software.
- Effective team player working cooperatively to achieve business goals
- Work under pressure remaining calm & objective whilst prioritising appropriately.
- Prioritising work flow appropriately.
- Effectively supervise, train, support & guide CPD staff.
- Ability to influence and motivate production teams to achieve goals
- Gather, analyse & act appropriately with initiative on relevant data.
- Problem solve and plan effectively working with colleagues across the division.
- Give and receive constructive feedback to all.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Remain results focused at all times whilst ensuring Quality Standards are maintained.
- Completion of WFC031 SOP
- IOSH Working Safely
- QA Key Element Training
- Manual Handling Certificate