Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester (M17)
AKW are recruiting a Production Line Leader to join their team at their site in Manchester. The successful candidate will implement the production plan within target to maximise operational efficiency, safety and quality.
- Additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- To efficiently control productions & processes for the division whilst retaining a responsive & flexible approach to all customers.
- Monitor all personnel reporting to the position so as to effectively, train, evaluate, motivate, inspire, discipline, delegate, monitor their activities & progress; Tackling poor performance positively and effectively.
- Ensure that the customers specific quality standards are met within the production targets set by the CPD
- Set and maintain standards at all times leading by example ensuring efficient and effective processes are recorded, accessible and adhered to across the operation.
- Continually maintain & strive to improve all Customer & Company QA procedures.
- To ensure that all divisional staff work according to current H&S regulations together with completion of personal responsibilities.
- To ensure high standards of cleanliness, housekeeping & stock control of CPD and customer owned stock and consumables within all CPD environments.
- Ensure the accurate & timely completion of all relevant documents and reports.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Effective team player working cooperatively to achieve business goals.
- Work under pressure remaining calm & objective.
- Prioritising work flow appropriately.
- Effectively supervise, train, support & guide CPD staff.
- Ability to influence and effectively motivate production teams to achieve goals.
- Gather, analyse & act appropriately with initiative on relevant data.
- Problem solve and plan effectively working with colleagues across the division.
- Give and receive constructive feedback to all.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Remain results focused at all times whilst ensuring Quality Standards are maintained.
- Capable of establishing a production process that is systematic and resourceful.
- Excellent working knowledge of operational functions & processes.
- Basic engineering capabilities relating to packing machinery operation.
- Keeping abreast of all relevant statutory legislation.
- In-depth customer specific procedural knowledge.
- Completion of WFC 031 SOP.