Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester (M32)
AKW Global Warehousing are looking for an experienced HSE Manager to provide HSE support for the business across three sites in the Manchester area. The person must have a background in manufacturing and or logistics and warehousing and ideally experience of working within a COMAH regulated facility. This role will report directly to the Operations Director with dotted line reporting into all AKW Directors and the Kinaxia Group HSEQ Manager.
- Additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- Point of contact for all HSE matters at AKW across multi sites (within the Manchester region).
- Acting as competent person for the business providing support and advising management on all HSE matters.
- Liaising with Group HSEQ Manager and central compliance team.
- Undertaking risk assessments and developing safe systems of work etc
- Supporting the development of a positive HSE culture across the organisation, so we become an industry leader.
- Input into bids and tender documents as required.
- Ensure Customer audits and corporate responsibility and other customer standards are understood and adhered to.
- Client liaison on all HSE matters.
- Promotion of Health & Wellbeing initiatives so staff across all sites.
- Identifying areas of concern and supporting line managers.
- Taking part in health and safety meetings and committee and employee consultation.
- Ensure compliance with all current HSE legislation and applicable standards.
- Promote and support near miss reporting.
- Perform/support site HSE inspections and audits.
- Monitor and ensure corrective actions are closed out as required.
- Undertaking and supporting accident and incident investigations.
- Ensure the company meets its environmental obligations and is environmentally compliant. all projects are meeting environmental obligations.
- Producing and reporting of KPI`s.
- Identifying areas where 'lean principals' can be applied.
- Keeping up to date with changes in HSE legislation and best practice and communicating this information to the site management.
- Developing and delivering HSE and identifying training requirements.
- Ensure safe contractor management and permit to work systems.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Strong background in HSE management within manufacturing and or warehousing and logistics.
- Pick and Pack Operation experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in Lower Tier COMAH Chemical Warehousing is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 45001, 14001, 9001.
- Auditing preferably to ISO 14001 ISO 45001, 9001
- Excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation.
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health (or equivalent) preferably working towards a diploma or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of safety management systems and H&S legislations.
- Minimum Tech IOSH, preferably Grad IOSH or CMIOSH.
- Experience in incident investigation and auditing.
- Lead auditor qualifications in any of the above would be advantageous.