Salary: £10.70 per hour
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester (M17 1ED)
AKW are recruiting an Account Leader to join their team at their site in Manchester. The successful candidate will be responsible of all day-to-day administrative tasks, will be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and delegate when appropriate. Planning and the ability to think strategically are 2 of the important skills required for this role.
- Monday - Friday
- 08:00 - 18:00
- 45 hours per week
- £10.70 per hour
- Additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- Customer primary point of contact for all day to day issues of the project developing a strong and successful relationship
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies, working with invoices and receipts, coordinating with other departments
- The submission of all customers related documentation, inbound and outbound.
- Working closely with the customer and transport team to make sure all orders are processed accordingly, either manually or though EDI system, transport is booked in and transport job added to the WMS systems and that communication with customers is carried out effectively
- Working closely with the stock control team , goods in/goods out desk & in liaison with WH team to make sure all orders are fully fulfilled if stock is available on site.
- To lead the successful daily running of the office by contributing to & implementing improved performance
- Manage various WMS systems and timely and accurate entry of all stock movements into those systems , to the agreed format.
- Performing data entry roles, including updating existing records , stock releasing, updating spreadsheets that need to be sent daily to the customers.
- Managing inventory of office supplies, including stationery and multimedia equipment to ensure smooth office operations
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- To provide timely response to frequent changes in customer demands whilst ensuring customer requirements are consistently achieved
- To ensure the customer is provided with daily updates and full jobs are being processed and confirmed back any order failures, rebooking or returns.
- To work closely with the customs and excise team to ensure drivers are being provided the correct exports/import documentation.
- To book in export collections, import deliveries and leasing with various hauliers to ensure all customs/excise documents are being provided at arrival or at dispatch.
- To make sure all aspects of the requirements of the customer/business are maintained at all times and identify improvements to enhance our services to the customer.
- To ensure high standards of Quality, Housekeeping & Stock Control are maintained at all times
- Conducting and maintaining a high customer service standard for all customers at all times.
- Carry out other duties within the scope of the position as may be required by your Manager or Directors
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary and be able to cover various departments of the office layout.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of all operational functions & processes
- Develop industry specific knowledge and experience
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Effective team player working cooperatively to achieve business goals
- Work under pressure remaining calm & objective whilst prioritising appropriately.
- Gather, analyse & act appropriately on relevant data
- Prioritising work flow appropriately
- Have an excellent eye to detail and able to multitask.
- Networking with professionalism and confidence
- Problem solve and plan effectively working with colleagues across the business.
- Routinely communicate clearly, openly and appropriately with colleagues & customers
- Remain results focused at all times whilst ensuring Quality Standards are maintained.
- Experience in an administrative role or similar would be a plus although full training will be provided.
- Experience working with various WMS systems would be preferable but not mandatory.
- Customer service experience.