Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester (M17 1ED)
AKW are recruiting an Account Leader to join their team at their site in Manchester. The successful candidate will be responsible of all day-to-day administrative tasks, will be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and delegate when appropriate. Planning and the ability to think strategically are 2 of the important skills required for this role.
- Additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Full Uniform and PPE
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
About the job:
- Customer primary point of contact for all day to day issues of the project developing a strong and successful relationship
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies, working with invoices and receipts, coordinating with other departments
- The submission of all customers related documentation, inbound and outbound.
- Working closely with the customer and transport team to make sure all orders are processed accordingly , either manually or though EDI system, transport is booked in and transport job added to the WMS systems and that communication with customers is carried out effectively
- Working closely with the stock control team , goods in/goods out desk & in liaison with WH team to make sure all orders are fully fulfilled if stock is available on site.
- To lead the successful daily running of the office by contributing to & implementing improved performance
- Manage various WMS systems and timely and accurate entry of all stock movements into those systems , to the agreed format.
- Performing data entry roles, including updating existing records , stock releasing, updating spreadsheets that need to be sent daily to the customers.
- Managing inventory of office supplies, including stationery and multimedia equipment to ensure smooth office operations
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- To provide timely response to frequent changes in customer demands whilst ensuring customer requirements are consistently achieved
- To ensure the customer is provided with daily updates and full jobs are being processed and confirmed back any order failures, rebooking or returns.
- To work closely with the customs and excise team to ensure drivers are being provided the correct exports/import documentation.
- To book in export collections, import deliveries and leasing with various hauliers to ensure all customs/excise documents are being provided at arrival or at dispatch.
- To make sure all aspects of the requirements of the customer/business are maintained at all times and identify improvements to enhance our services to the customer.
- To ensure high standards of Quality, Housekeeping & Stock Control are maintained at all times
- Conducting and maintaining a high customer service standard for all customers at all times.
- Carry out other duties within the scope of the position as may be required by your Manager or Directors
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary and be able to cover various departments of the office layout.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of all operational functions & processes
- Develop industry specific knowledge and experience
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Effective team player working cooperatively to achieve business goals
- Work under pressure remaining calm & objective whilst prioritising appropriately.
- Gather, analyse & act appropriately on relevant data
- Prioritising work flow appropriately
- Have an excellent eye to detail and able to multitask.
- Networking with professionalism and confidence
- Problem solve and plan effectively working with colleagues across the business.
- Routinely communicate clearly, openly and appropriately with colleagues & customers
- Remain results focused at all times whilst ensuring Quality Standards are maintained.
- Experience in an administrative role or similar would be a plus although full training will be provided.
- Experience working with various WMS systems would be preferable but not mandatory.
- Customer service experience.